What is Project X¶
Project X is a SaaS solution allowing API developers to monetize API-based products.
How it works¶
- Add one or several APIs on Project X.
- Project X API Gateway assigns a URL to each API. This URL is then used by your customers to make API calls.
- Create products by choosing which endpoints should be included in the product, configuring quotas, rate limits and premium features. See our examples.
- Define the pricing model.
- Create a Stripe account and enable Project X Stripe integration in your vendor's settings.
- Obtain a checkout link for your customers. The link will take them to Project X Self-Service Checkout where they will subscribe to your product.
- Once the customer pays the first invoice, the subscription gets activated.
- Now the customer is all set for making calls to the APIs via the Project X URL.
- Project X API gateway takes care of enforcing limitations defined in the product.
- Project X Billing issues invoices and lets the customer pay them.